Vedic Mathematics is the name given to the ancient system of Indian
Vedic Mathematics is the collective name given to a set of sixteen
Mathematical formulae as discovered by Jagadguru Swami Sri Bharati Krishna
Trithaji Maharaj. Each formula deals with a different branch of Mathematics.
Complex mathematical questions which otherwise take numerous steps to solve
Can be solved with the help of a few steps and in some cases without any
Intermediate steps at all! And these systems are so simple that even people with
An average knowledge of mathematics can easily understand them.
Why Vedic mathematics is an important tool for all:
• It is truly unconventional and lucid in it methodology.
• within second it helps to carry out tedious and cumbersome
Mathematical calculations from different branches of mathematics.
• It converts dry and insipid maths into playful and joyful activity.
• It reduces the “maths-phobia” many suffer from.
• The accuracy of a problem can be judged in seconds.
• It is ten times faster than the traditional method taught in our classrooms.
• In the Vedic system, difficult problems can often be solved very quickly,
and calculations can be carried out mentally involving minimal or no paper
.... To Be Continued
Karthik V Kulkarni