Bucharest Summer University is the official international summer school organized by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies that tackles mainly with economic problems (subjects and themes belonging to other fields and disciplines may also be approached) and its main purpose is to promote academic values common among students from around world. The participants of Bucharest Summer University are students currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, a master’s degree program or a PhD degree program from both Romania and all over the world. Upon successfully completing the two weeks of lectures, seminars, workshops and debates held and moderated by professors and national and international specialists, along with the final examination, the participants may obtain 5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System).
The cultural and academic international event approaches in the 11th edition the theme ‘Entrepreneurship and agribusiness intentions in the global economy’. The 2015 edition will take course throughout two weeks, between the 9th and the 23rd of August 2015, and it will be organized by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies and the Bucharest University of Economic Studies Students’ Union, through the Students’ Senate, in partnership with Bucharest University of Economic Studies Alumni Association, with the scientific mentorship of the Faculty of Agrifood and Environmental Economics.
Our goal is to present a series of perspectives regarding the new challenges and opportunities from the agribusiness domain, along with presenting a few essential aspects regarding entrepreneurship for students from around the world. Also, we aim to encourage the idea of exchange and to provide a creative, unique and fulfilling experience to all of our participants.
Our vision is to identify the main challenges that the agribusiness domain faces in the 21st century, in order to train a generation of new entrepreneurs that are able develop and implement new business ideas within a multicultural and competitive business environment.
- Identifying opportunities and challenges in the business environment; putting forward a set of main aspects regarding entrepreneurship and its impact on professional development;
- Promoting a dynamic communication environment meant to facilitate the interaction between students with sundry backgrounds in terms of both culture and education;
- Identifying and idea exchanging regarding the best practices for promoting entrepreneurial education;
- Creating, capitalizing, disseminating of knowledge and developing personal competences in the agribusiness and environmental economy domain;
- Getting acquaint with the East-European business environment and its specific features within Romania;
- Developing new abilities and competences regarding the business environment as well as developing the entrepreneurial spirit;
- Identifying Romanian business environment’s values and cultural features;
- Developing critical thinking, ethics and communication skills.