• 3 development activities per year that have training topics that include managing conflicts, communications, managing change, decision making, time management, leadership styles, bullying awareness, birth order, brain based learning, cooperative learning, classroom management, and teacher rights.
• OEA Summer Leadership Conference (June)
• SOEA Fall (November) and Spring Convention (March)
• All are free to members
Job Placement Opportunities:
• Resume writing, Job interviewing skills, Interview questions
• Networking opportunities with professional educators through the "Hook Up" program, where local SOEA and local K-12 associations work together to host professional development workshops and unite for special projects.
• Job openings in the “SOEA’s some-what-monthly newsletter.”
Student members are affiliated with:
•The larger Oklahoma Education Association (OEA), an educational professional association representing over 40,000 members in the state.
• OEA is a part of the National Education Association (NEA) which is the largest education association in the nation and a major force in shaping the nation’s education agenda, with over 3.2 million members representing every state in the nation, which provides everyone with publications, services, and representation at the national level.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when ECU Student Oklahoma Education Association posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.