ABOUT THE SCHOOL
SPIA prepares undergraduate students for good citizenship and careers in public life, and trains future generations of teachers and scholars in the fields of international affairs, political science, and public administration and policy.
• International Affairs: A.B., M.I.P
• Political Science: A.B.
• Political Science and International Affairs (joint): M.A., Ph.D.
• Public Administration: M.P.A. (ranked 6th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report) and Ph.D.
• Criminal Justice Studies: A.B. (co-offered with the Franklin College)
• The renowned Center for International Trade and Security (CITS) analyzes international export controls for weapons of mass destruction as well as provides research and training to U.S. and foreign officials to prevent the spread of these weapons. There are many opportunities for undergraduate/graduate student involvement at CITS.
• The Center for the Study of Global Issues (GLOBIS) organizes study abroad experiences to Verona, Italy, Kyoto, Japan, and Stellenbosch, South Africa. GLOBIS also administers the certificate program in Global Studies available to any UGA undergraduate.
STUDENT PROFILE & UNDERGRADUATE OFFICE
• 1,639 Undergraduate Students:
879 Political Science majors
760 International Affairs majors
• 301 Graduate Students in Political Science, International Affairs and Public Administration
• Over 15,000 alumni
For more information on the School’s undergraduate programs, visit us online or contact Paul Welch, Director of Undergraduate Student Services: 706-542-0096 or [email protected]
• 50 Full-time Faculty Members
• Four recipients of the Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professorship
• Four recipients of the Richard B. Russell Undergraduate Teaching Award
• Three recipients of the Honoratus Medal for Outstanding Teaching
The School’s Development Office manages private gifts to the School for the benefit of students and faculty. Contact Sarah Baines, Director of Development, for more information on how your gift can make a world of difference at the School of Public and International Affairs: 706-542-9661 or [email protected]
For more information about the School, please contact Caroline Paczkowski, Director of Communications: 706-542-7849 or [email protected]
Visit us online: http://www.spia.uga.edu
The Alumni Board was founded in 2012 and grew out of the SPIA Young Alumni Network. The board is comprised of 16 SPIA graduates. To learn more about the Alumni Board, contact Lauren Ledbetter at [email protected]
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when UGA School of Public and International Affairs posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.