The Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Multicultural Education (ODIME) leads the university in creating and sustaining inclusive learning environments where all members of the Mason community are welcomed, valued, and supported.
Mission: Our mission is to assist the university in retaining, actively engaging and successfully graduating students with specific attention to historically underrepresented and marginalized groups. We achieve our mission by:
* Creating opportunities for student engagement and retention
* Conducting research and implementing emerging trends in the areas of multicultural education and social justice
* Increasing cultural competency and multicultural relations within the Mason community
* Implementing programs which critically examine social justice issues within and across identity groups
* Expanding the number of diversity training models utilized at Mason