The mission of the Center for the Advancement of Well-Being is to catalyze human well-being by promoting the science and practices that lead to a life of vitality, purpose, resilience, and engagement. As an interdisciplinary teaching and research center at George Mason University, we are dedicated to helping individuals and organizations thrive in a world of complexity and uncertainty.
People who engage with the Center learn to build a foundation of well-being that enables them to:
• experience a deepening sense of personal meaning in their lives
• increase their ability to creatively solve problems
• become more resilient and develop a greater capacity to respond to challenging and stressful situations
• build and deepen meaningful, supportive relationships
These qualities increase well-being, performance, and success in all areas of life.
The Center serves both individuals and organizations, including:
• Mason students, faculty and staff
• Lifelong learners and organizations
• Industry leaders, practitioners, and executive coaches