• Membership in this organization is open to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or age [GMU Policy Number 1201].
• Members of this organization are full-time or part-time students pursuing an accounting career. This includes undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• All active members must be currently enrolled as GMU students and must maintain an academic achievement record of 2.0 cumulative GPA and C or above in all accounting classes.
• Member of this society are required to understand and follow the GMU Honor Code. For more information on GMU honor code, please visit the following website: http://academicintegrity.gmu.edu/.
• Students are considered active members if they are involved in activities and study groups for at least some part of the current semester for which they are attending classes.
• Any student or staff member who, in the opinion of the general meeting, has contributed outstandingly to the organization is eligible for honorary membership.
• Students who dedicate at least fifteen hours of commitment and service to the organization are allowed to vote during elections.
• Active members who are involved in a designated activity during the semester may resign from the organization by notifying the President or Vice-President.
• Students who serve as peer advisors for fellow members, are considered associate members. All associate members may apply for a position as executive member at the end of the term.
• Associate members who peer advise other fellow members, or are in charge of a class study group, will be considered for the nomination of “Associate Leader of the GMU Accounting Society” at the end of the semester. Peer advising is considered volunteer work, demonstrates leadership, and qualifies as a contribution to the student community.
• All membership privileges will be partially revoked if the students do not achieve a C or above in all accounting classes at the end of the semester. Members who do not successfully pass an accounting class will be required to meet with a fellow member for peer advising until the grades improve to gain full membership back.