1098-T will be mailed no later than January 30, 2015.
We invite you to go to www.fctc.edu & click on "Admissions", then “Financial Aid” to explore the resources available to you. There are helpful links, scholarship & loan information, as well as an appointment calendar to view our availability.
1098-T will be mailed no later than January 30, 2015.
FCTC Financial Aid Office's cover photo
Tune your radios to 95.1 or 97.9 between 3pm and 5pm today! We're live broadcasting from our St. Augustine campus. Find out what's new for fall and take part in some great promotions!
Checks will be mailed today for students eligible to receive a Pell grant refund check in July.
FCTC will be closed Friday 6/28-Sunday 7/7 for summer break. Staff members return & classes resume on Monday 7/8.
FCTC HOPES YOU HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY 4TH OF JULY & ENJOY YOUR WEEK OFF!
If you or someone you know is struggling to get to work because of unreliable transportation, this program could help!
SHARE on your feed, you never know who is silently struggling!
Refund checks were mailed today for those students eligible to receive a Pell grant refund in June.
FCTC announces summer hours
FCTC staff are available to assist students 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Thursday, June 10th through Aug. 8th, for those interested in enrolling for the fall term which begins Aug. 19th.
Prerequisites apply for many programs and FCTC encourages students to apply early. Financial aid is available for qualifying students.
All FCTC campuses will be closed for holiday, July 1st through 5th. Summer session classes resume Monday, July 8th. FCTC will resume regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 12th.
Call 904.547.3282 in St. Augustine or 386.326.9000 in Palatka, or visit www.fctc.edu to schedule a free tour of FCTC’s program lab areas, speak to a student advisor, or make an appointment to review financial aid eligibility.
Students who plan to attend summer session: Your enrollment and financial aid will continue without interruption.
Students whose program is closed for summer or who opted not to attend summer session: Your financial aid will be processed in June. When you return in August, you will resume your class (and payment period) as if there were no interruption. If a refund check is due to you, it will be mailed by June 28th.
As always, please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions. :) Rebecca 904.547.3511 [email protected] or Von 904.547.3512 [email protected]
The financial aid office will do one final check of renewal applications for current students. Please make sure you complete your renewal to secure your aid for next school year, which begins in August. Complete instructions and forms are here:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/forms%20packet%20APR%202013(2).pdf
Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!
"Whether the situation is big or small, every single person decides just how much to suffer for it. When faced with the same situation, each of us decides just how to frame and feel that situation." Viktor E. Frankl
SHAWN CARTER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP - APPLICATION DEADLINE is May 31, 2013 - CLICK LINK TO APPLY TODAY!!! http://www.shawncartersf.com/apply/
Eligibility Requirements: Qualified applicants must be a high school senior, college student, and/or between the ages of 18-25, pursuing studies at a vocational or trade school. All applicants must be a US Citizen and complete the on-line application no later than the published deadline date, which is May 31, 2013. The Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation is unique in that it offers scholarships to single mothers, children who attend alternative schools, students who have earned a GED, students with grade point averages of 2.0 and students who have previously been incarcerated, etc. but desire a higher educational opportunity. This group is generally not the recipients of college scholarships and is typically ignored by the Board of Education.
The Shawn Carter Foundation offers scholarship opportunities to any under-served student across the United States who desires a higher education. One of the key questions asked by the Foundation when students apply for a scholarship is: What are your plans to give back to the community?
This scholarship is open to the public. Please apply before the deadline May 31, 2013.
Today was the deadline for current students to renew your financial aid application. if you did not meet the deadline, please go here to print the instructions and forms:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/forms%20packet%20APR%202013(2).pdf
Refund checks were mailed today for those students eligible to receive a grant refund in April.
LAST CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS - DEADLINE APRIL 30TH:
• ANCIENT CITY AUTO CLUB SCHOLARSHIP - Ancient City Auto Club Scholarship:Two $500 scholarships to students who want to go to school & study in the field of Automotive Technology; available to male & female students, ages 18–25; high school GPA is a consideration, but not a requirement. Interviews will be conducted by members of the ACAC; deadline April 30th:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/ANCIENT%20CITY%20SCHOLARSHIP%20APP(1).pdf
• ST AUGUSTINE HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP - St. Augustine High School Alumni Association: Plans are to award four $250 scholarships to SAHS Alumni currently attending FCTC. Please attach proof of your Alumni status, which would be a copy of your diploma or a high school transcript. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition and/or Bookstore purchases. Please be advised, deadline for submission is April 30th:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/scholarship%20sahs%20alumni.pdf
• ST AUGUSTINE WOMAN’S CLUB SCHOLARSHIP - GFWC Woman’s Club of St. Augustine offers an annual $300 scholarship; application attached. The deadline to submit completed application and letters of recommendation is April 30th:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/St%20Aug%20Womans%20Club%20application(2).pdf
St. Augustine High School Alumni Association provides two $500 scholarships to an FCTC program. The student MUST be a SAHS graduate, not necessarily in 2013. Application deadline is April 30th. APPLICATION IS HERE:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/scholarship%20sahs%20alumni.pdf
Ancient City Auto Club Scholarship: Two $500 scholarships to students who want to go to school & study in the field of Automotive Technology; available to male & female students, ages 18–25; high school GPA is a consideration, but not a requirement. Interviews will be conducted by members of the ACAC; deadline April 30th. APPLICATION HERE:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/ANCIENT%20CITY%20SCHOLARSHIP%20APP(1).pdf
The GFWC Woman’s Club of St. Augustine offers an annual $300 scholarship. The deadline to submit completed application and letters of recommendation is Friday, April 30th. Application is here:http://fctc.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/St%20Aug%20Womans%20Club%20application(1).pdf
In order to apply for the scholarship, the applicant must:
1. Be a female, U.S. citizen, and a resident of St. Johns County for at least one year.
2. Have received a high school diploma or G.E.D. and be a full-time student at FCTC.
3. Provide two letters of reference: one personal (not a relative) and one professional (teacher, school administrator, or professional mentor). If currently employed or doing volunteer work, provide a letter of reference from a supervisor or manager in lieu of the personal letter.
4. Display need for assistance by completing a financial aid application & provide information regarding any financial assistance currently being received or expected.
5. Write a biography and thank you letter for presentation to the Woman’s Club.
Refund checks were mailed for those students eligible to receive a grant refund in February.
Did you know that several students at FCTC are veterans? ♥ FCTC is honored to serve our veterans! Why don't you take a minute out of your day to send an email & thank a soldier? :) "Our brave servicemen and women are making remarkable sacrifices for our country. Please help the USO show our troops our gratitude by signing our "Thank You" card today: http://bit.ly/1323MMj "
FCTC First Coast Technical College
Attention Military Veterans - looking for something to do over spring break or summer vacation? Check into this FREE expedition– a fully funded scholarship to hike the Appalachian Trail: "We have recently teamed up with Warrior Hike and several other Military and Veterans organizations, to launch a new project called the "Walk Off the War" program. This project will provide military service men & women returning from their tours of duty in Afghanistan & Iraq, the opportunity to reconnect in a uniquely physical and psychological way – a fully funded scholarship to hike the Appalachian Trail! For more info visit: http://www.appalachiantrail.org/who-we-are/events/2013/02/05/walk-off-the-war-project "
The “Walk Off the War” program will provide military service men and women returning from their tours of duty in Afghanistan and Iraq, the opportunity to reconnect with the United States in a uniquely physical and psychological way – a fully funded scholarship to hike the Appalachian Trail.
2980 Collins Ave
Saint Augustine, FL
St. Augustine area Sunshine Bus Company 904.209.3716 http://www.sunshinebus.net/ Palatka area Ride Solution 386.325.9999
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when FCTC Financial Aid Office posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to FCTC Financial Aid Office: