Flagler College's Statement of Purpose: The aim of Flagler College is to provide a supportive and challenging environment in which students acquire knowledge, exercise good citizenship, and adhere to high ethical standards.
The principal focus of the College's academic program is undergraduate education in selected liberal and pre-professional studies; thus, the role of teaching is central to the College's mission.
The purposes of the academic program are to provide opportunities for general and specialized learning; to assist students in preparing for careers; and to aid qualified students in pursuing graduate and professional studies.
The objectives of the student life program at Flagler are to establish appropriate standards of conduct and to promote activities that will contribute to the development of self discipline, integrity, and leadership.
Flagler College was established as a memorial to Henry M. Flagler. The Hotel Ponce de Leon, built by Mr. Flagler, serves as a reminder of his enterprise, diligence, and commitment to high standards. The College is pledged to the preservation and use of this facility and other historic and architecturally unique campus structures.
Flagler College’s social media channels aim to keep you informed and engaged. Everyone — from students, staff and faculty members, parents, friend and fans — is welcome to share content and remain actively involved in our posts.
1. You are solely responsible for any content you post online.
2. Posts and shares both by the College and others do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of the College. Links to other websites and blogs do not constitute an endorsement. Flagler College is in no way responsible for content on external websites to which it links.
3. By posting on our social media channels, your information can be viewed by the public, and from time to time, someone may reuse your post(s) for their own interests.
4. The posting of confidential information, including but not limited, to an individual’s name, address, telephone number and email address, is strictly prohibited, as it violates privacy protections outlined in privacy laws such as FERPA and HIPPA, and in NCAA regulations.
5. In the spirit of inclusion, fairness and to promote a welcoming social media experience, Flagler College reserves the right to delete any post or comment. This may include those that are or the College perceives to be:
- harassment or bullying;
- defamatory material;
- illegal material;
- referencing alcohol or illegal substances;
- graphic violence;
- material that invades an individual’s privacy;
- infringements of patented, trademarked, or other propriety rights of others;
- impersonations of or pretending to be someone else;
- discriminatory content in violation of Florida and Federal laws;
- violations of Flagler College policies and procedures;
- violations of fair use, copyright, and disclosure laws;
- advertisements, spam, viruses, and commercial solicitations;
Individuals who violate these terms risk being banned from posting or commenting on Flagler’s social media channels.
If you have social media questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Thank you for following and supporting Flagler College!
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Flagler College Parents & Families posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.